Drumming Up World Music: West Africa by Dancing Drum Made in USA
Take a musical journey through five West African countries with Dancing Drum! This book, CD and DVD set contains 10 ensemble arrangements for drums and xylophones, based on music from Senegal, Guinea, Mali, Niger, and Burkina Faso. Using the Learning Levels system, teachers can adjust the program content for the appropriate age and skill set of their students, grades K-8.
In addition to music, this innovative, integrated arts program contains visual art projects, dance, geography, social studies, history, and language arts. Classes can follow the "Rhythm Hunters" as they travel through the cities and towns of West Africa, experiencing the local culture, making friends, and learning exciting, new music. Each activity in this book is designed to meet specific national standards for educational content.
• 5 Drum Arrangements
• 5 Xylophone Arrangements
• 5 Country Fact Sheets
• 14 "Rhythm Hunters" Journal Entries
• 5 Visual Art Activities
• Cultural Connections
• Vocabulary Key Words
• Reading Comprehension Questions
• African Languages
• Teacher's Key & Glossary
• Pronunciation Notes & more!
• CD with audio tracks of music arrangements
• DVD with video clips of music arrangements
• Projectable images of music notation & art projects
• Exciting video of Dancing Drum's travels in West Africa
• Illustrated Pronunciation Guide
This curriculum set covers national educational standards for Music, Visual Arts, Dance, Geography, History, and Language Arts.
Includes: Book, CD & DVD Set - 244 pages, illustrated; ISBN# 9780981672434
Made in USA.